In dentistry, no two patients are alike; they all differ in their treatment requirements. From a child requiring oral anaesthesia, to an elderly patient being fitted for dentures, the provision of customised medication can certainly optimise patient outcomes.
My Life My Health Compounding is able to offer you a range of customised medications. From medication that has been discontinued, to medication that is commercially unavailable in Australia (e.g. anaesthetic gels), compounding can provide numerous options to dental practitioners and patients.
Providing alternate and unique dosage forms such as lollipops, lozenges, pastes and transdermal creams is our specialty and of course making medication taste good is one of our goals!
Some examples of medication that can be tailored to your specific needs include:
- Flavoured oral paste to assist in the treatment of dry socket.
- Local anaesthetics combined with a steroid to relieve mouth ulcers.
- Lollipops are a popular dosage form to provide anaesthesia for children (and adults!).
- Transdermal creams can be used to successfully treat trigeminal neuralgia.
- Treatments for burning mouth syndrome.
- Mucosal bandages can provide contact with the mucosa for 3-4 hours.
- Mouth rinses to provide increased comfort for patients undergoing chemotherapy or radiation.
- Alcohol free mouth rinses.
All of the pharmacists at My Life My Health Compounding have been trained as compounding pharmacists and are happy to discuss compounding options with you. If you have any questions at all about a compounded prescription, please don’t hesitate to give our pharmacists a call.